Nobunny US Tour!
9/20 – New York, NY @ Otto’s Shrunken Head – Sailor Jerry Presents (Free show) %
It is the end of another year, an astounding year, a boring year, a terrible year, a fantastic year.
At the end of a year, folks look back and make lists.
Here are a few of lists from 2011 from Goner staffers, artists, and friends.
6. Fancy Beers: I’ll have a triple dubbel hop goblin peanut fusion ale please.
5. Bloodshot Bill: Live in Chicago 11/26/11 Jaw droppingly great!
4. NOBUNNY on Chic-A-Go-Go 2011
3. Shannon & The Clams “Sleep Talk” LP (1234Go!) Easily my most listened to record of the year!
2. Circles: Spirals, Vicious, Natural and otherwise.
1. Playboy Mansion on Easter!
Coach only buys new 45s, especially picture discs, and, as far as we can tell, only listens to the A-side.
He is one of our favorite customers, has a HUGE 45 collection, and loves Dead Ghosts.
Coach’s Top 5 7″s of 2011
1. Those Darlings - Screws Get Loose 7″
2. Mark Sultan - Calloused Hands 7″
3. Turbo Fruits - Keepin On 7″
4. Shannon & The Clams - Paddy’s Birthday 7″
5. Deerhunter - Memory Boy 7″
Goner Store Svengali
Total Control - Henge Beat lp (Iron Lung) live Hi Tone
Human Eye - They Came From The Sky lp (Sacred Bones) + live SXSW
Reverend John Wilkins live @ Murphy’s/Gonerfest
Midnite Snaxxx - A Guy Like That 7″ (Total Punk)
The Groupies - Primitive 7″ (Bootleg Taco Records)
Victims - Sleeping Dogs Lie lp (1977 Records)
FM BX Society Tape 001 lp (SS Records)
Poppin Fresh Pop Star
TOP 10 STUPID ANIMAL VIDEOS I SAW ON YOUTUBE 2011:
1) They See Me Rollin‘
1) Puppy Cant Get Up
1) Tickling Slow Loris
1) Bunny Cups - Baby Rabbits in Cups
1) Baby Monkey (Going Backwards On A Pig)
1) Cat Hugs Baby Kitten Having Nightmare
1) A dog day at the office
1) “Teddy Bear,” the porcupine, doesn’t like to share…
1) Pug Pushes Stroller - Portland Oregon
this list could go on for ever. they’re all number 1 that’s not a typo!
JOHN WESLEY COLEMAN III
The Unheard Muse
10. Getting stoned and watching Glee on Youtube, munching on queso.
9. Spiderbags new record recorded at Andrew’s house.
8. Jimmy Fallon.
7. Spits new LP.
6. Polish meal w/ Timmy Vulgar
5. Goner Boner Ice Cream
3. The Ohsees at FunFunFun Fest
2. Jack Oblivian, Shawn Cripps, and Harlan T. Bobo Kickstarter video
for Europe tour.
1. Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met or Sharp Balloons 7″ for
number 1. Can’t decide. Both are extraordinary.
Goner Publicity / Promotion / Voice Of Reason
Favorite Records of 2011
The Men - Leave Home
Veronica Falls s/t
Total Control - Henge Beat
Hysterics 7″ EP
UV Race - Homo
Mikal Cronin s/t
Royal Trux reissue
White Fence - Is Growing Faith
Favorite shows of 2011
White Fence at the dude ranch in Oxford, MS
Grass Widow at Flywheel Arts in Easthampton, MA
Rev. Wilkins at Gonerfest 8
Spring Break at Camp A Low Hum in New Zealand
Fresh & Onlys at SXSW
Total Control at the Hi-Tone
Goner Storage Unit
11 Good Lps from 2011
Black Lips - Arabia Mountain
Davila 666 - Tan Bajo
Dirtbombs - Party Store
DM Bob & The Deficits - They Called Us Country
Human Eye - They Came From The Sky
GG King - Esoteric lore
Shannon & The Clams - Sleep Talk (and live)
Ty Segall - Goodbye Bread
UV Race - Homo lp
Veronica Falls lp
White Fence - Is Growing Faith
Jack Ruby cd
Laurice Best Of lp
Shitdogs dbl 7″
Ghedalia Tazartes - Diaspora lp
Victims - Sleeping Dogs lp
5 Favorite Sets at Gonerfest 8
James Arthur’s Manhunt
Rev John Wilkins
Goner Guru / Sharp Balloon
total control LP
mikal cronin LP
true sons of thunder LP
veronica falls LP
shirks - negative reaction single
midnight snaxx - a guy like that/jackie single
white fence LP
scrotum poles EP
desperate bicycles singles
june brides LP
the buzz single
Eppu Normaali singles
bats - daddy’s highway LP
rev john wilkins/gonerfest
cola freaks/pop lounge
robby grant/heritage fest
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR A GREAT YEAR! SEE YOU IN 2012!
Wearing a matted fur mask and oftentimes, little else, Nobunny proves the Ramones axiom of rock-and-roll: The more basic the chords, the better the sound.
The Tucson-born, Bay Area-relocated rabbit (reputedly the alter-ego of Okmoniks/Sneaky Pinks/Hunx And His Punx member Justin Champlin) is playing the Hi-Tone on Saturday night at midnight.
…If someone put equal parts Ramones, John Waters, and the Ronettes in a blender with some ice and made hot-pink frozen daiquiris to serve at one of those big gay pool parties where everyone looks like early-’80s-era Freddie Mercury in a bathing suit.
By stealing the hand-claps and sing-a-long choruses of ’60s-era girl groups, and re-appropriating the look of the Castro circa 1980, Hunx creates a campy and utterly danceable soundtrack for an alternative universe where mustaches and leather pants are no longer the cheap currency of ironic Williamsburg hipsters.
Hunx and His Punx play the Afternoon Rock Blowout at Murphy’s on Saturday, Sept. 26, just before departing on a Shattered Records U.S. tour with Jay Reatard, Nobunny, Box Elders and Useless Eaters.